2019 MTS Houston Sporting Clays Tournament
Saturday, March 23, 2019 @ American Shooting Center
Click here to download the EVENT TOURNAMENT PACKAGE
Click here to download the SPONSOR PACKET
The 2019 MTS Houston Sporting Clays Tournament will be held on Saturday, March 23, 2019 at the American
Shooting Center. During the past ten years, this tournament has grown into one of the largest clay shooting tournaments
in the Houston area and has proven to be an extremely popular event with great sponsorship opportunities, prizes and
networking capabilities for companies in all areas of the oil & gas industry. Experienced shooters and novices are
encouraged to attend. Bring colleagues and clients out to enjoy a great day of shooting!
- All entry fees are non refundable and non-transferable
- All entry fees for teams and/or sponsorships are due immediately upon registration
- All registrations must be completed online. Please click here to register
- You do NOT need to have shooters' names to register at team. Names can be submitted at a later date
We want you! Each sponsor will be recognized on this website and throughout the day of the tournament. Click Sponsorship Opportunities for more detailed information.
Trophies will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place in each of three Lewis Classes, as well as individual awards for Men’s HOA, Ladies HOA and Junior HOA (16 years or younger). Separate trophies will be provided for both morning and afternoon flights. Individual trophies (HOA) will be for the entire day.
DOOR PRIZES, RAFFLES, GAMES & MORE
Door prizes are available to shooters following completion of each flight. Purchase squares in the raffles (guns, trips, etc.), for your chance to win additonal prizes.
FOOD AND FUN
Food and drinks will be provided for breakfast and lunch. Non-alcoholic beverages and water will be provided throughout the day, with alcoholic beverages available to shooters once they have finished shooting for the day.
PAYMENT REQUIRED WITH REGISTRATION (If you registered and have not PAID, your registration will be cancelled and your slot given to someone else.). Note that in the past all 160 teams sold have sold out - sometimes within a week of registration opening.
No changes to flight times will be made after Friday, March 8, 2019.
Sponsor and Team Info Meeting
Date: To be advised
Time: To be advised
Check with Jennifer Wiliams at Cell: 713-859-6962
Meeting will held at American Shooting Center. This is typically two to three weeks before the tournament.
Tournament Sponsor Set-Up
Friday, March 22, 2019
Time: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Any sponsor wishing to set-up in advance may do so on Friday, March 22, between 12:00 pm – 4:00pm.
Friday, March 22, 2019
Time: 12:00 pm
The MTS will not be involved with practice rounds for the tournament; however, you are welcome to practice
at American Shooting Center any time on your own. For information on hours of operation and cost, please visit the ASC
website: www.amshootcenters.com. The practice course will be changed before the
Saturday, March 23, 2019
|Flight 1 @ 9:00 am
|| 7:15 am
||7:15 am – 8:30 am
|| 8:00 am
||Shooting Games Open
||8:45 am – 9:00 am
||12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
||Lunch & Morning Trophies and Door Prize
|Flight 2 @ 1:00 pm
|| 8:00 am
|| Games Open
||11:15 am –12:30 pm
|| 12:45 pm - 1:00 pm
||Trophies and Afternoon Door Prize
Food and drinks will be provided for breakfast and lunch. Non‐Alcoholic beverages and water will be provided throughout the day, with alcoholic beverages available to shooters once they are
done shooting for the day.
Safety and Rules
Click here to view official rules. Note that NO ALCOHOL is allowed before, or during the shooting event. In addition safety glasses and earplugs are required.
|Team Entry Fee
|| $900 per 5-man team* (Cart NOT included)
|Individual Entry Fee
|| $180.00 per person* (Cart NOT included)
|2-seater Golf Cart Rental
||$75.00 per cart*
|4-seater Golf Cart Rental
||$115.00 per cart*
| Raffles & Gaming Tickets
||Purchase at the event
||$20.00 each per person for 3 pair (6 targets) - $100.00 for a team
*Purchased and paid for online before the tournament.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!
We would like to give a special THANK YOU to all of our members and sponsoring companies. MTS Houston Section is proud that all profits from the event are used to fund the MTS
Houston Scholarship program which support education in our area.
Need more information? Please contact us:
- NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED BEFORE OR DURING THE SHOOTING EVENT. NO EXCEPTIONS. No alcohol will be served to shooters during the tournament. Beer will be available for shooters after they are finished shooting. No one is allowed to handle firearms after consuming alcohol.
- Safety glasses and earplugs are required in all shooting areas.
- Ammo is NOT PROVIDED. 23/4" shells, shot size #71/2, #8, and #9 ONLY. If your team is not providing ammunition, you must bring your own or purchase ammo from American Shooting Centers.
- Gun actions MUST be kept open and unloaded except when in the shooting stations.
- Scoring will be by team, using the Lewis Class system. In the event of a tie:
- HOA awards will be determined by a Score Card shoot off
- Lewis Class awards will be determined by a score card shoot off.
- You must be present to win the door prizes
- You must be at least 18 years of age to win any of the firearms. All firearm transfers will be governed by applicable Federal and State laws in effect at the time of the tournament.
- No changes to flight times will be made after Friday, March 8, 2019.
- MTS Houston Section reserves the right to alter or cancel any part of this program, refuse entry or cause withdrawal of any shooter or team, if conditions warrant.
- All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All entry fees for Teams and/or Sponsorships are due immediately upon registration.
- Inclement weather: The tournament will be held rain or shine and the tournament will not be cancelled prior to the tournmanent day due to weather. If there is severe weather on the day of the tournament, the MTS Houston Section Sporting Clays committee will inform team captains by email or at the event of any schedule changes. If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather, the tournament will NOT be rescheduled and no refunds will be given.